Midas Touch - Presage of Disaster (2012 Reissue) (2CD)
Unlike San Francisco, New York City and Germany, Sweden was never quite the hotbed for thrash activity in the '80s, but there was one band that made plenty of "Noise" with their first demo tape, Ground Zero. The self-released cassette from Uppsala's MIDAS TOUCH rapidly made its way through trading circles and as such attracted attention from a prominent German metal label Noise Records. The label that counted acts like Helloween, Vendetta and Coroner on their storied roster, eventually signed MIDAS TOUCH on the strength of their demo.
Producer Roy M. Rowland (Laaz Rockit, Kreator, Testament) was brought in to work on what would become MIDAS TOUCH's sole album, 1989's Presage of Disaster. A rollicking romp of technical thrash in the vein of DEATHROW, SABBAT and D.B.C., the album garnered raves from the metal literati, eventually gaining sales in excess of 60,000 units.
But along the pathway to assured success MIDAS TOUCH's flame was extinguished, ending their run while demoing material for their unreleased second album, The Deliberate Stranger. As unfortunate as their early demise was, MIDAS TOUCH unquestionably still left its mark on the metal world with their menacing debut, Presage of Disaster.
The album has been out of print for nearly 20 years and fetching high dollar collector prices online, but MIDAS TOUCH has remained a cult favorite with die-hard thrash fans. This Presage Of Disaster deluxe edition contains brand new mastering and a redesigned 16 page booklet with scrapbook style memorabilia clippings of the band's history plus new interview and essay. It also includes two never before released pre-production demos from the band's personal vaults and their debut Ground Zero cassette.
- The Arrival
- Forcibly Incarcerated
- Sinking Censorship
- When The Boot Comes Down
- True Believers Inc.
- Sepulchral Epitaph
- Lost Paradise
- Accessory Before The Fact
- Aceldama - Terminal Breath
- Subhumanity (A New Cycle)
- The Deliberate Stranger (The Deliberate Stranger Demo Sessions - 1990)
- Source Of Discontent (The Deliberate Stranger Demo Sessions - 1990)
- So Shall You Reap (The Deliberate Stranger Demo Sessions - 1990)
- Forcibly Incarcerated (Involuntary Custody) (Noise Records Demo - 1988)
- Pow Wow (Noise Records Demo - 1988)
- True Believers Inc. (Noise Records Demo - 1988)
- When The Boot Comes Down (Noise Records Demo - 1988)
- (The Shape) Of Rage (Noise Records Demo - 1988)
- Pow Wow (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- (The Shape) Of Rage (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- When The Boot Comes Down (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- Subside Vision (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- Strikezone (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- M.A.D. (Armed For Justice) (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- The Dice (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- Masquerade (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- Instant Blaze (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
- Tatsch Tooo Matsch (Ground Zero Demo Tape - 1987)
Like "Deception Ignored" by DEATHROW, "Weird Visions" By ADX, "No More Color" by CORONER, "Cracked Brain" by DESTRUCTION, "Trapped" by RAGE, "Changing Times" by MANIA, "Terminal Earth" By SCANNER, "Choir Of Horrors" or "Rotten Perish" by MESSIAH, "Art In Motion" by SECRECY, or the self-titled by HELICON, or any other Noise Records releases of the late '80s and early '90s, this is fast, technical, well-executed Metal. The lyrics penned by drummer Bosse Lundstrom and bassist Patrik Sporrong (brother of guitarist Rikard) are well-written and just plain witty. Just check out the pertinent wording on the insightful "Sinking Censorship", or the criminally under-rated "Accessory Before The Fact". In keeping with all the Evangelical Religious scandals of the time, in the vein of "Leper Messiah", "Corporate Preacher" by ANVIL, "Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind" by ANTHRAX, or "No Believers" by SACRED REICH, "True Believers Inc." continues the masquerade with that backlash against Christian hypocrites like Jim and Tammy Fay Baker who riddled our TV screens with their inane moral corruption. - Metal Temple 4/5
Other formats & editions